Sotkamo is one of Kainuu's old parishes. There is both a Lutheran church and an Orthodox church.
Sotkamo is one of Kainuu's old parishes. Sotkamo's Lutheran church is located near a centre, by the shore of Lake Sotkamojärvi. This wooden church was designed by architect Oldenburg. It was built during the severe famine years at the end of the 1860s and it was consecrate in 1870. The altarpiece is the work of Severi Falkman.
Sotkamo's Orthodox church was built in 1961 and it was consecrated 1986. Architect Teuvo Alapeuso designed this church, which is located near the Sotkamo cemetery.