Stories of the past

The history of Sotkamo region is told in the exposition of the Old Warehouse Museum, which presents the development of the region from pre-historian times to present days. The museum was opened in 1951 and has about 800 objects.

In Sumsa, just 25 km away from Sotkamo, there is Tervaj√§rvi House Museum.  The museum complex includes a living building, two sheds and a loft. The design of the museum is adjusted to resemble a house from 1950s. Heikkinen family owns the building since 1600s, and the yard and the buildings have been open for public access since 1984.

 

Most of the museums are open during summer.